No body is perfect,right..but there sometimes come some people who really make us give the saying a second thought…she is a mother,a loving teacher, a high flyer in family,and also an inspiring coworker whose enthusiasm and perseverance can not be ignored…Let’s talk to her… 🙂
- Welcome to MOFIDILI.com and please tell us a bit more about yourself .
I’m Maryam Abdollahzadeh. I was born in Yazd in 1364. My father is originally from Yazd, but my mother moved from Shiraz to Yazd after her marriage. I’m married and I have a daughter, named Mobina( See Little Mobina Here !). I started learning English at the ILI at the age of 13 and I owe my interest in English to my terrific ILI teachers. I was bound and determined to continue my English studies, so I decided to study English Literature at Yazd University with a great love of my major. I’ve been teaching English for 8 years, and I started teaching at the ILI in 1386. I have recently got my M.A. in TEFL at yazd university.
- Which levels do you presently teach at the ILI?
I teach all levels for young adults. Also, I have been teaching adults learners for some time.
Yes , definitely!
- Some teachers are always looking for another job and play with idea of saying goodbye to teaching. Are you on the same side?
No, I’m really happy with my job and I enjoy each and every minute of teaching.
- And also happy with teaching at the ILI? I mean do you think that classes are effective enough?
ILI classes are systematic and the students are more accurate, but in my opinion, they can’t perfect their English by attending classes twice a week. They had better improve their listening and speaking skills beyond class time. If they practice well, for sure they can make something of themselves. Practice makes perfect!
- And what is a perfect student like to you?
I like all of my students (Click To See Some Of Them ) , but let me say the students who are interested in English and try their best to improve their knowledge are the best. I love the students who help me make the class atmosphere full of happiness and energy. You know, what makes a class lovely is the students!
- OK ! Now let me play a guess game! I ‘d like to guess who is your best co worker at the ILI? Ms.Shafiee?
It’s really hard to name the best coworker in such a friendly environment. Most of my colleagues are my good friends. Honestly speaking, some of them are my best friends ever!(Click).
- Do you agree with the idea that highly able teachers like to teach high level classes too?
I love teaching, no matter which level. I do enjoy the time we have for discussion in Reach levels.
- What is your best memory? I know you have lots of them in your mind now but..
Ahh, yes, every day at the ILI is worth calling a memory. But the most memorable day was my students’ graduation party . It was a great honor for me to see my students on the stage, getting their degrees. Oh, I can remember another nice day! In winter 1387, one of my students came to me and took the class key. After five minutes, I entered the dark class; my students turned on the light and shouted HAPPY BIRTHDAY with a lot of presents and a birthday cake on my desk! My eyes filled with tears of joy. It was one of the best surprises I’ve ever had for my birthday at the ILI.
- Yes that must have been great..Do you have any hobbies Ms.Abdollahzade?
Hobbies… I’m fond of sports! I used to be a gymnast and won some gold medals in Iran championship. Now, I’m a gymnastics coach and judge and also an international coach in billiards. I was a member of Yazd basketball team, too. I’ve tried most kinds of sports for fun. I started learning the art of calligraphy at the age of 8. I love music and enjoy playing my violin. Reading books, writing prose, and watching movies are other favorite activities of mine.
- Wow , there seem to be nothing left! And how about movies? Are you into movies?
Sure! I spend a lot of time watching movies. I like romance and horror movies. Pride and Prejudice, Atonement, The Matrix, Saw and Shining are fantastic.
- Which part of MOFIDILI.com would you recommend if had to?
As you said, it’s an online magazine. Every word is worth reading. The students can choose the best part according to their interest.
- Thank you! 🙂 and anything else you would like to tell our readers?
It’s on me to thank my parents and my husband for helping me make my future. I can see God above all of my successes. I appreciate my teachers whom I can’t call my colleagues! I can always learn a lot being among them: Mr. Pessaran, Mr. Iranizadeh, Ms. Jalalian, Mr. Golshan, and Mr. Bagheri whose knowledge and kindness know no bounds. To be frank, they pique my interest in English learning and teaching.
- Well,thank you again for your kind attention to MOFIDILI.com and we all hope for your more prosperity in life.
Thank you very much, Mr. Mofidi. It was a great pleasure for me to have an interview with one of the best teachers of the ILI.
Read More Interviews: